Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Because It Bears Repeating

This is what makes "House" so great.
----------------------------

John: I got one thing. Same as you.

House: Really? Well apparently you know me better than I know you.

John: I know that limp. I know the empty ring finger. And that obsessive nature of yours that's a big secret. You don't risk jail and your career to save someone that doesn't want to be saved unless you got somethin'... anything. One thing. The reason normal people got wives... 'n kids...hobbies whatever. That's because they don't have that one thing that hits them that hard and that true. I got music you got... this. The thing you think about all the time. The thing that keeps you south of normal. Yeah, makes us great. Makes us the best. All we miss out on is everything else. No woman waitin' at home after work with the drink and the kiss. That ain't going to happen for us.

House: That's why God made microwaves.

John: Yeah, but when it's over, it's over.

House: Yeah.

3 comments:

Veronica B. said...

The only reason I DIDN'T cry was because I couldn't even BREATHE during that scene. It was just amazing. Amazing writing AND amazing acting. I can't wait to go home and watch it AGAIN. (And again, and again...

Veronica B. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Veronica B. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.