Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Still Slow

Not many updates lately, but there's also not much going on. Running is over and I'm doing the bike at the gym to let my lower legs heal, canoeing is over and we put the canoe away for winter storage a couple days ago, nothing new at Karate, and no speedskating yet. (Although we DID just have our first snow of the year - half a foot of the wet, heavy stuff fell last night.)

Dr. Z and I did do a quick hike up Mount Baker on Sunday. We would have done a longer hike but the weather was supposed to be really terrible in the afternoon so we didn't think we had a lot of time. Turned out to be gorgeous the entire day, but what the hell. You can never predict the weather in Lake Placid.

Don't worry, a couple more weeks and not only will I be running again (low-key, offseason stuff but running nonetheless), in a month the speedskating oval will be opening and I will once again be attempting to NOT fall on my ass.

1 comment:

Christie Sausa said...

Hey-

Not completely sure what is up with D.S.- word on the street is that he is going out of business. Patrick Kelly is currently sharpening out of his house (he has John's old equipment). Truthfully, we have no clue what is going on. I will let you know what happens.

LP SKATER (Christie)

P.S. Feel free to delete this comment; I didn't know how else to get in touch with you! Take care and enjoy the snow :)