Monday, January 02, 2012

Day One of Ironman Training

Well, here we go. My training week starts on Mondays, so today was the start of IMLP training. Although the actual workout itself wasn't scary, it was scary because of what it's building up to.

The longest journey starts with a single step, or in this case, 1 hour of one-leg drills on the trainer followed by a 1.5 mile run. My first brick since the Lake George Tri on Labor Day.

When I looked outside and saw this,

I decided that I better add to my run clothing in "Transition."


I set up a stool to rest my right foot on:


And it was go time:


The actual session went well. My legs felt surprisingly fresh for not having run off the bike in MONTHS.

And with that, it's official. I am Ironman in Training. Let's do this!

2 comments:

Ransick said...

One day at a time! I look forward to following along.

Nicole said...

I am also in the beginning of training for my first Ironman (CDA) and I agree that you must take it one day (or week) at a time or it gets daunting! Best of luck and I will definitely be following your journey! I actually haven't done any half Ironmen and last year was my FIRST triathlon, so I'm a also quite a beginner but I know that with hard work we will both finish!