Thursday, December 25, 2014

I'm going to do it all

As mentioned in my past couple blogs, I always get irritatingly navel-gazing this time of year. Today is Christmas and with one week left in 2014 I still had no direction for 2015. Hell, I haven't had any direction since 2012, when I managed to both complete my first Ironman and obtain my CISSP certification.  I was happy to keep it relatively low-key in 2013 after a year like that, but now that 2014 has come and gone without anything big to show for it as well, I'm feel edgy. We only get so many times around the Sun and I'm definitely feeling that as I get closer and closer to 40.

Well, today I heard One Republic's "I Lived" for the first time, and quickly hunted down the video to find out who did it.



And after I picked my bawling self up off the floor, I knew I had a song for 2015. I don't know quite what it means yet, but it does involve dragging myself out of my comfort zone and saying "yes" more often. I'm also hoping to add some "big stuff" to it the year as well (aside from IMLP, of course). I'm thinking maybe travel, another certification, I don't know.

But I'm excited to see where it takes me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...


I got this web page from my friend who shared with me concerning this site and at the moment this time I am visiting this web site and reading very informative articles at this place. capitalone com login

Unknown said...


I am no longer positive where you're getting your information, but great topic. I must spend a while learning much more or working out more. Thanks for wonderful info I was on the lookout for this information for my mission. yahoo login