Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Pulling a Dr. House

mood: exhausted but happy
last, no, THIS nights sleep rating: D

The time stamp does not lie. It is indeed 4:45 in the morning. I've actually been awake since 1:45.

I went to bed at 10:30, planning on getting a full night's sleep. I feel asleep quickly, but was woken at 1:45 by my neighbor's SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM. Yeah, the same one that didn't think to himself, "Self, maybe I shouldn't use the drill past midnight." I banged on the part of the wall we share and he turned it off, but I couldn't fall back asleep. Want to know why?

I found a new apartment!

It's a corner apartment. The bedroom? Shares no walls with anyone else. In fact, there's not one but two walls between me and my next-door neighbor. The wall? My living room, their bedroom. There is an upstairs neighbor, but the thick wall-to-wall carpeting should take care of it. Also? It has a private balcony. With a view. (I am at the back of my building right now and have one window which looks onto a brick wall.) And a full-size kitchen instead of the sad kitchenette I have now. And? Although not in Boston, is across the street from the subway.

If I don't like it? I have 30 days to tell them and can move out without breaking my lease. Also? It's on the fourth floor but if a corner apartment on a higher floor opens up before I move in it's mine.

I'm so excited that even the thought of the hassles of moving doesn't bother me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Hah, at least you'll get away from the loud people next door, which is always of the good.

Sanlin said...

Congrats on your new digs-to-be. :-) I know what it's like being in a *bad* apartment (surrounded by annoying people LOL), which is why I appreciate my current *great* apartment so much. LOL I hope the move goes swiftly and smoothly for you. :-)

Hugs,
Sanlin

Veronica B. said...

Thanks guys!

Yeah, the problem with apartment living is that a "good" apartment can turn into a "bad" one very quickly.

This was a GREAT apartment until the new neighbors on each side moved in.

I'm submitting my application today, so I'm on my way.

Now...does anyone have any boxes? ;-)

Anonymous said...

sweet!