Wednesday, March 16, 2005

What the HELL is wrong with people?

mood: foul and exhausted
last night's sleep rating: D-

Okay, to reiterate, what the hell is wrong with people? My new neighbors moved into the renovated apartment next door yesterday. They seemed like nice guys; a couple years younger than me.

Anyway, I go out for drinks with friends, come back and they're still banging around a bit. No biggie - they're moving in. I settle in to watch House, chat with Saskia for a while and head to bed around eleven.

Shortly after I turn off the light and close my eyes I hear the muffled "bang...bang...bang" of a hammer. I figure they lost track of time and maybe are just quickly hanging a picture up.

Two hours later, there's been enough hammering to build Noah's Ark. I debate asking them to stop the taping of "This Old Apartment" but don't want to stir shit up the first night they move in.

At 1:30, they bring out a power drill. A power drill. AT ONE THIRTY IN THE MORNING ON A WEDNESDAY. I finally bang on the door (in pajamas and all) and tell them I don't want to be a bitchy neighbor on their first night there, but...not so much with the power tools please. They apologize and say "We weren't sure anyone would hear it." Not that this stops them from hammering and banging around until 2:30.

Okay...people? If you live in an apartment complex comprised of lofts the size of your crotch? THE NEIGHBORS WILL HEAR YOU IF YOU USE POWER TOOLS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING NIGHT.

I mean, my GOD.

Was I supposed to send out a memo?

No comments: