Thursday, July 28, 2005

Yet Another Piercing

Well, I did it. I finally got my nose pierced. It was actually tougher than when I had my tragus re-pierced through scar tissue, which surprised me. The piercer said I had the toughest nose he's encountered in twenty years of piercing. He really had to push to get the needle through.

I like it a lot, although I'm still getting used to the fact that I have a piercing on my FACE. I just hope it heals well. Because of work I had to go with a screw (stud) instead of the usual CBR (hoop), so it's harder to clean and has a bigger chance of falling out.

I still have antibacterial soap and bactine from my last piercing. Now I just need to stock up on those small round bandaids to keep it from flying out during Tae Kwon Do. (And maybe salt for saltwater soaks if it acts up.)

Next on my list? My tattoo of a melting pocket watch from Dali's "Persistance of Memory" melting down my shoulder onto my arm. (Which, considering the bonyness of my shoulder will suck mightily. Luckily this particular tattoo-to-be means so much to me that it will be worth it.)

No comments: