Tuesday, August 09, 2005

My Hard Work Has Paid Off...

As you know, I've been working my ass off and going crazy because I was told a couple months ago that I was a "maybe" for testing in September. (As opposed to waiting for the next test, which wouldn't be until December.)

After three hours of Tae Kwon Do last night, UsedCarSalesman pulled me aside and asked, "Has anyone spoken to you about the Black Belt Test?" I took a deep breath and said, "About whether I'm testing or not? No."

He then proceeds to kill me by saying, "Actually, let me double-check" and conferring with Grasshopper, Grandmaster's right-hand man. It was probably only twenty seconds, if that, while they conferred, but it felt like an ETERNITY.

Finally UsedCarSalesman turns back to me and says, "You must have been doing something right, because you're testing in September." I wanted to retort, "It's called killing myself busting my ass in here every damn night" but wisely restrained myself.

I told KoreanSweetie and PerfectJumper after I found out. Unfortunately TeenageAdult was right behind me when I told PerfectJumper (which I didn't realize). I felt really bad because she's also been working towards testing in September but hasn't heard anything.

So it looks like I'll be spending more time in the dojang than ever.

No comments: