Wednesday, August 03, 2005

The Worst Day of My Life

Well, the only good thing I can say about yesterday is that it's over.

1.) I had an early meeting with my boss, where she reviewed everything I needed to work on to get a good review. It was basically "Everything Pip sucks at" time. In and of itself not great, but not too big a deal until...

2.) I get to Tae Kwon Do and suck during the first class. The Grandmaster scrutinizing me doesn't help. Second class, forms, there are only four of us, so the Grandmaster can really pay attention to everyone. After PerfectJumper, a fellow red belt, critisizes my jumping sidekick, the Grandmaster then critisizes my stances. At the end Perfect Jumper then criticizes another technique. I leave almost in tears feeling like I'm never going to be a black belt. Definite different feeling than I was getting from everyone the past couple weeks. I've been killing myself to get ready for the September test and I don't think I could do it for another three months.

3.) It's bedtime. After the Parade of Things Pip Is Doing Wrong, I'm cleaning my new nose piercing with Bactine, the last thing I do before going to bed, and thinking, "Thank god the day is over. Now nothing else can go..." and boom. The Q-tip gets caught and my stud comes out. I try to get it back in to no avail. Luckily I can get a regular (and completely straight instead of bent) ear stud in, but now have to go back to the piecer because a straight stud will come right out.

At least today is decent, thank God. And since today's my last day in the office I can just put a ring in the nose until it's healed. Not as dainty a look, but much easier to clean and no risk of falling out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwww, poor Pip :(

Anonymous said...

Poor Pipper. I hope that today is going better for you. At least it's almost the weekend! Wheee!