Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Feeling Hot, Hot, Hot!

We're into Day Four of a heat wave here in Lake Placid. It's absolutely killing my running. Saturday I could barely eek out two miles at a slow 8:45 pace.

Sunday was the Madrid Canoe Regatta. As usual, Dr. Z and I had to be up at the crack of dawn. The howling winds made for a tough as hell race but we managed to come in second, beat by those machines in the other Wenonah. They have GOT to stop coming to the same races we do! LOL!

Yesterday I ran and managed to tie Fridays 5K tempo time at 24:43. I seem stuck there for the time being, but am happy considering the heat and humidity. I was at least lucky enough to get out there while it was overcast.

Karate was pretty low-key due to the heat. We mainly worked forms. I got a real good review of all three brown belt katas with Senseis Sixpack and OldSchool.

Today's run was a total damn washout. I made my 8:15 splits the first two miles, but then totally bonked out and had to runwalk the rest of the way back, making for a sucktastic time of 37:08. I hydrated well beforehand, but I think the heat got to me anyway. It was 85 and not only is the entire route in the sun, there was no wind to cool me off. What the hell. I'm so glad it's cooling off tomorrow.

In the meantime, the first Sundowner is tonight. Yay! Tomorrow is my rest day, so nothing there except Karate.

No comments: