Thursday, June 05, 2008

So Far so Good

One item I forgot to mention in Tuesday's post is that I received my second brown belt stripe on Monday. YAY! It was actually pretty funny because it was the Return of Sensei and many people received stripes. It was as if he pulled Sensei Sixpack aside and said, "I'm back! Stripes for everyone!"

Tuesday's paddle went surprisingly well. Our first lap around the lake was 27:00, which I was happy with considering that we hadn't paddled in weeks. Our second lap was a blistering 26:40. Damn. That's a second only to our PR.

Yesterday was my first long slow run of the year. It was supposed to be six miles at a 9:00 pace, but thanks to me getting the turnaround Dr. Z described wrong, it ended up being 5.25 miles at a 9:25 pace. Oh well.

Last night's karate class was okay. Sensei came back to observe. It was sparring night, but I wasn't quite ready to jump into that yet, so I helped teach some white belts.

Tonight is an easy lap around the lake followed by a gait analysis at Lake Placid Sports Medicine. I can't wait to see what they have to say!

No comments: