Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Back from Vacation

Arkansas was great! (A sentence I never thought I'd utter...hahahahaha.) It was 80 and sunny every damn day except the very last one, which was a more seasonal 50 and overcast. We covered about 80 miles, from pruitt down to the Highway 14 bridge. I had never camped in warm weather before and boy have I been spoiled!

Since I got back I've been kicking up the running in preparation for Freihofers. BabySis had to back out, so I registered VeggieSis and I as a sister/sister team. We shall rock the other sister teams like a hurricane! I'm doing the old 5K route around the lake in 25:08. I'm planning on getting it under 25 minutes this week.

Karate has been awesome - I was PROMOTED TO BLACK BELT! Yay! I had a "I'm not ready for black belt" freakout moment, but otherwise it rocks.

Paddling is just starting - Dr. Z and I went on Lake Flower for an hour on Saturday. We also stopped by Mac's, who does still have a stock boat reserved for us. It's going to cost $2300 - OUCH! Dr. Z may be able to sell the old boat today - that would go a long way towards paying for the new Jensen.

I'm supposed to go for a 5K tempo run today, but am not feeling well. As it was, I missed Karate last night. We'll see - I'm just playing it by ear for now.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hello - just came across your blog while Googling Freihofer's Run for Women. I work with the event organizers and PR people and looking to create some visibility through some local blogs, Facebook and Twitter about the race. Please e-mail me when you can! cbowcutt@gmail.com.
www.twitter.com/freihfoersrun