Friday, March 06, 2009

Over a Week Passed AGAIN!?!?

Man, I am just not keeping up with my blog here.

Saturday I attempted to do a long run, but had to stop at four miles. Blech. My legs were just tired for some reason.

Sunday I was off to VeggieSis's wedding (YAY!), so no exercise that day.

Monday was a recovery day from all the traveling, so all I did was Karate class, which was a low-key kata class. I got to work on a new kata (Sayunchin), which was cool.

Tuesday was a light run, followed by upper body weights except for shoulders.

Tuesday night I didn't sleep well, so I took the day off from the gym and it turns out is was a good thing. Karate was sparring, and Sensei had me sparring one of the other brown belts for something like 15 minutes straight. Damn.

Yesterday was my tempo run, which I did indoors. I managed an 8:13 pace even with a 1% incline, so my speed is coming back slowly but surely. I also did legs and shoulders in the weight room.

Today I did a light run outdoors - 3 miles in 26:53. Faster than I meant to go (I wanted to do a 9:15 pace), but it felt good, so what the hell.

Tonight will be Karate. No plans for the weekend yet, although I do need to get a long run in at some point.

No comments: