Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Swim in Weeks

Got my shiny new gym membership yesterday, which...yay! That meant today I could hit the pool for the first time ever.

Although it's out in Saranac Lake, it took me less than fifteen minutes to get there, which, can't complain. I was worried about it being crowded, which seemed a well-founded concern at first with all the lanes full, but then a.) The lifeguard said it's "never this busy" and b.) a lane (occupied by none other than the awesome P.) opened up within 30 seconds. Sweet!

The 2000 meter workout my plan called for DID seem a stretch after not swimming for a month, and it was. I did a 300 meter warmup, 6x50 meters, then 7x100 meters at a 3:00 pace. Cooled down with 100 meters. So, not as ambitious as I hoped, but my arms were tired and I was running out of time anyway. (Whoever gave the time estimates for these swims were evidently using Phelp's pace.)

It just felt SO GREAT to be back in the water. If I have to be in a pool, at least it's a clean, close, and empty one. Can't wait to go again!

No comments: