Friday, October 09, 2009

Last Taper Before Last Race

Did two miles easy this morning - 17:53 total. Tomorrow is the Pumpkin Run (I'm doing the 5K) and the last race of the season.

Last year at this time I was feeling beat up and actually cancelled my last race, but I've recovered from the 90-Miler and am kind of sad at the season ending. I guess I just have to look at it as time to build a decent endurance base and get ready for next season.

Anyway, hopefully I will do as surprisingly well as I did at the Stride for Pride, but we'll see. It'll be fun just getting out there and racing.

2 comments:

smilinggreenmom said...

Awww....hang in there. I know it is always a bit sad to see the "season" go. I was a competitive swimmer for years...and as hard as the swim seasons were, I was always bummed when it was over. It will be a nice rest for you I'm sure!

It is so inspiring to read other athlete's blogs and encourages me to get in shape again. I had to even use my Topricin pain cream just to jog around the block. But hopefully, as I continue to read blogs like yours, I will continue to get closer to this goal :) Thanks!

Veronica B. said...

Awww...thanks so much! Competitive swimmer, eh? I may have to get tips from you - I haven't swam in weeks (getting pool membership today since lake is way too cold), but still haven't broken 2:30/100.