Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Sorry for the Delay

Wow...has it been over a week already?

As mentioned in my last post, I'm getting used to my new routine with the commute and working from home two days a week. I've also started TKD up again. Was told last week to "Keep pushing myself" so that's a big ol' hint that they're going to have me test for my black belt in September.

I painted the bathroom on Sunday. I STILL haven't figured out how to cut in properly. I'm getting better though. I'm hoping to paint the kitchen this weekend. (Lemon yellow to set off all my royal blue accents.) Last night I did laundry for the first time and found out that the signs MEANT it when they said to use less detergent than normal in these special washers. The machines didn't suds over or anything, but all my stuff was still sticky when it came out of the washers.

Well, that's been the past week so far. Pretty much my life has been "Work, TKD, Watch the baseball, Sleep." (Or not even all that, as proven Monday night, where I fell asleep watching the game at 8:00 and didn't wake up till 11:30.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update.

Painting is horrible, isn't it? I've had the best cutting in when I've done meticulous prep with that blue tape and used a small angled brush for the actual painting. That lemon yellow color you've chosen sounds really nice. Is the washer in your apartment or do you have to schlep?

Veronica B. said...

I probably should get a smaller brush. And I still have trouble even WITH the tape. *sighs* It's going to be 90's and humid this weekend, so no painting but I'll tape and buy all the supplies.

And I have to schlep - the laundry's on the first floor. It beats having to go to a laundromat though.