Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday! WOOHOO!!

Thank GOD it is finally Friday, even if I am on call all week. (So far I'm 2 for 3, getting paged in the middle of the night Tuesday and Wednesday but not last night.)

Wednesday was pretty awesome. I met Dr. Z at Dunkin Donuts for some pre-surgery caffeine and sugar. At first there was panic, as a water main had broke, leaving DD unable to brew more coffee. I got the second-to-last cup of the high-octane stuff. While we were eating, we saw SuzieQ.

Surgery day itself was pretty cool. Since I had never even seen surgery before, I really didn't do much other than keep Dr. Z company and turn off the anaestesia when he told me to. Hopefully next time I'll be slightly more useful. When I started my car up to go home, the Check Engine light came on. I was still able to get home, but aggravated that I was going to have to take it all the way to E-Town to get fixed.

Yesterday was really busy. Work is just piling up - a far cry from last week when I had just about caught up on everything. PhillieFan came and put another coat of plaster up. The drywall looks SO much better now. I started up the car and no more light, thank God. Turns out it was just the supercold (-30) weather we had had the other day. To replace it, my washing machine decided to stop taking in cold water - it will only fill with hot. I called at noon and Sears rockingly said they would have someone here TODAY to look at it. Not so rocking? The window. He'll be here between 8 and 5. Good thing I work from home. Yeesh.

No comments: