Thursday, January 11, 2007

Same Old, Same Old

It's been a very quiet week, with everything kind of in limbo. However, one of the "limbo" items finally had some movement when one of Kermit the Kontractor's guys, PhillieFan, came over to do more work on the drywall cracks after no one had showed up since BlueEyes made a brief appearance last Wednesday. Hopefully he'll be back tomorrow morning as he promised. I know this is how contractors work but it's STILL annoying as hell.

In other limbo news, there were a bunch of children's promotions at Karate last night, but I'm still at green belt. However, Sensei looked at my kata and said it was much better than the first time he saw it. Hopefully that means I'll finally get my blue belt promotion soon. Although I usually don't care about rank, every time I put on that green belt now I'm reminded about how I screwed up my test, so I just want to be able to put it all behind me.

Also, I got a postcard from Dr. Z, Marcus and FNG today. (My backpacking buddies from the Colorado trip.) It was a very nice surprise. Man do I wish I was canoeing down the Buffalo with them.

No comments: