Friday, December 14, 2007

Snow, snow and more snow

It's been a pretty busy month so far. I've gone snowshoeing with JewishMother the past couple weekends and am going again tomorrow. I've also been busy with speedskating. I'm really enjoying it, although I have much to learn. SkateCoach has me working on my glide. Being the stubborn ass I am, I'm also trying to pick up crossovers.

This weekend was originally going to be fairly busy, but with a nasty storm coming in on Sunday, it's looking like it's only Saturday that's going to be crazy. (Aside from the snowshoeing, I'm going to check out the speedskating race in the morning and then have a wine-tasting party to go to in the evening.) I was originally going to help MomTook bake cookies, but she doesn't want me traveling in the bad weather.

Speaking of snow, I had to call the highway department because their tow trucks knocked over the already-precarious snowbank between me and EvilNeighbor. They weren't very helpful as they're totally swamped, but I was all, "Still need to be able to get out of my driveway, chief." Actually, while I was writing this I managed to snag a plow and they called a tractor over. I'm laughing because instead of actually carting it away, they just plowed it onto my yard. Oh well.

No comments: