Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yay for Gyms! Boo for Work Meetings!

As feared, I didn't have a chance to go to the gym yesterday due to work. I did manage to drag myself away from the computer and go to Karate though. We actually sparred, which was a nice surprise. I had some tough competition after weeks of basically training lower ranks on how to spar - SoccerStar (brown belt), Sensei SixPack (4th degree), TattooedBruceLee (1st degree) and Dr. Z, who's a second degree. The only "easy" fight I had was with FakeDaughter's brother. We then did a lot of bunkai, of course, but at least I got to work with IronDaughter.

Finally got to the gym today. Ran 3 miles even in 30 minutes, so my cardio is coming back. (I'm not too worried about speed since I ran the first half mile of an "easy" run in 3:45 without trying last week.)

I was hoping to get to both legs AND chest/tris but only got to do legs before running out of time and having to get back for a meeting. Oh well - I'll just add 'em on to back and bis tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be all upper body and bike at the gym followed by Friday Night Karate with Dr. Z.

No comments: