Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Back to the Gym

After taking yesterday off to recover, it was time to get back to work.

Ran on the treadmill today. I was able to bump it up to 6.7 very comfortably, which is good. I'm obviously starting to get my cardio back. I'll probably stay around there until February or so when it's time to work on speed for Freihofer's Run for Women. (It's months away from February but I want the luxury of increasing speed very slowly so as to prevent my chronic shin splints from acting up.)

I did my entire upper body weight workout since I missed yesterday. It was tough, but I managed. I've changed to two sets of fifteen for everything in preparation for the "light weights but many reps" type of strength I'll need for the 90-Miler.

Tomorrow will be bike, legs, and Karate!

No comments: