Thursday, May 28, 2009

Almost Freihofer Time

...and by that, I don't mean scarfing down an entire box of their scrumdiddlyumptious chocolate-chip cookies in one sitting. Not that I've ever done that. Ahem.

Last night's Karate class was great - worked on bo while the lower ranks warmed up and then spent the rest of the night doing a slow, thorough review of kata together as a class. My only regret is that my energy level was at -4539 and I couldn't properly enjoy it.

Today's run went fairly well. I ran four miles in 35:12, with a few strides thrown in just to make sure I was ready for the fast footwork of a 5K. My hamstrings are feeling sore, which I'm very unhappy about this close to a race, but they have close to 48 hours to recover.

Tonight will be paddling - probably two laps around Mirror Lake.

Tomorrow is two miles very easy in my new street racers and maybe some VERY low-key Karate.

No comments: