Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Hill Workout Ever

Tuesday's paddle was TOUGH. I hadn't realized how sore I was from Round the Mountain, but an easy four mile paddle around Kiwassa was GRUELING.

Last night's Karate class was pretty quiet. Once again, Sensei wasn't there. We worked the lower ranks through drills, kata and then some orryo.

I just did my first hill workout ever - I started from my usual spot, ran up Colden Avenue up to Main Street and then did two repeats up Olympic DR. Wow. I'm not feeling it yet but I'm sure I will tomorrow. Dr. Z wanted me to be conservative since it was my first hill workout ever and I have Freihofer's in nine days. I have no idea what my time was since my watch battery wore out today, but it wouldn't help much anyway since I have no idea what the distance is.

Tonight will be another paddle workout, followed by an easy three or four miles and Karate class tomorrow.

No comments: