Thursday, May 07, 2009

Blah Weather, Blah Run

Did a 6 mile paddle with Dr. Z on Tuesday, which went really well, although I was tired from my tempo run earlier that day. We finished in about 1:25 or so.

I took yesterday off completely, needing to give my poor body a break. It felt great.

I thought I'd be raring to go on my tempo run today, but the overcast drizzly weather took the wind out of my sails a bit. I still went out there, aiming for an 8:05 pace after Tuesday's 8:08 paced run. Although I hit 1.5 miles at 8:08 and 2 miles at 16:10, I quickly fell off my pace during the last mile and came in at 24:36 for an 8:12 pace. Blech. Part of it is that my leg muscles were tired, probably from trying to get back into running. In any case, I was not happy with my time.

Tonight will be weights since Dr. Z can't paddle.

Tomorrow will be another light day - 3 miles easy followed by a low-key Karate class.

No comments: