Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Year in Review

Stole this off of Liz's blog because I don't feel like working:

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?

Stayed by myself for a week in a city where I didn't speak the language.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Oh god...I always make all these grandiose resolutions and never end up keeping them. And of course I made more for this year. I believe I've already broken about four of them. *LOL*

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yep! CrazySis! Hence the introduction of Poopsalot.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Nope, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?

Spain and France.

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?

A car and a significant other.

7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

November 4th, when I arrived in Madrid and KornGirl wasn't at the airport. Because it was the most terrified I ever was. Also September 11th and October 13th, when I tested for and received my black belt, respectively.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Getting my black belt.

9. What was your biggest failure?

My social life.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Well the saga of The Right Amount of Synthroid continues, but otherwise just one bad flu.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

The material for my duvet cover. LOVE!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

SevenOfColorado, for moving out to Boston.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

My father's. As always.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Well I live in Boston, so rent. Moving and the trip to Europe also ate up he-yuge chunks of money.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

The movie adaptation of "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe." Too bad the special effects disappointed. Some great sets though.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?"

"Somebody Told Me" by The Killers

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

i. happier or sadder - Hmmm...slightly sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter?-- About the same.
iii. richer or poorer?-- Thanks to inflation and no raise, actually poorer.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Everything. Working on some big goals. I didn't accomplish much this year.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Watching television.

20. How will you be spending New Year's?

Alone at home. See above re: my social life.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?

Not really, no.

23. How many one-night stands?

One.

24. What was your favorite TV program?

Toss up between Scrubs, House and Boston Legal.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No.

26. What was the best book you read?

A Movaeable Feast.

27. What was your greatest musical (re)discovery?

iTunes.

28. What did you want and get?

A redesigned bedroom. My black belt.

29. What did you want and not get?

Driving lessons and a car. My CISSP.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

Oooh...tough one. For now I'll say King Kong.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I actually went home. Was supposed to do a 16-mile hike, but got rained out so we went shopping in Lake Placid instead.

.32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A relationship.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?

Work-from-home chic.

34. What kept you sane?

I'm not.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I love me some Jason Isaacs.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

The continued existence of the Patriot Act.

37. Who did you miss?

Sarah. Bitch moved out to Framingham and suddenly she's too good for me. We need to go on vacation so you can be a bad influence again!

38. Who was the best new person you met?

PoopsaLot.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005

Sometimes it's just not your year.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"So no one told you life was gonna be this way. Your job's a joke, you're broke, your love life's DOA. It's like you're always stuck in second gear. When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month or even your year."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Earworm me like that.

Now I gotta go out singing.

Damn.

(And you posted these answers knowing I was reading. Silly girl... :-)

Nice ink, BTW.