Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sigh

Well, it's been a shitty couple of days. Last night I got to Karate after reviewing kata all day for my brown belt test only to have Sensei pull me aside almost immediately. I thought it was to officially tell me that he'd be looking at me tonight, but turns out FakeDaughter thinks I've been hitting her too hard in the ring and doing it on purpose. Like I would have something against a twelve year old kid young enough to be my daughter. He told me he wanted to talk to me, her and Dr. Z after class, so I assumed the test was off.

Wrong-o. After being forced to run warm-up yet AGAIN and getting through class, turns out it's on. Too bad I failed for some unknown reason. I mean, last time this happened I forgot a kata, so at least I knew what I had to work on. This time, I did the katas I was asked, and thought I did pretty damn good at them. So after failing and trying to hold back tears, THEN I get to get yelled at for going too hard on FakeDaughter in the ring.

Then today I only knocked off 13 seconds from my 10K time despite the weather being that perfect cool and dry weather where personal bests are set. I know a big part of it is that my leg muscles are really sore, but between that, the bad race result on Sunday and last night's debacle it makes me wonder what the hell I'm spending an average of three hours a day training for.

Weeks like this just make me want to be a couch potato. Sigh.

No comments: