Friday, September 19, 2008

First Tempo Run in Forever

Karate on Wednesday night did end up being bunkai at first, but we did move on to kata. Not the best class, but not bad. Sensei had to leave early so that's why we moved on.

Yesterday I did my first tempo run in weeks and only the second one in a MONTH. (I stopped doing them in favor of longer, slower runs because of the half-marathon and the tendonitis in my hamstrings.) My time was 23:46, which would usually be a terrible time, but 5-10 seconds off my usual isn't too bad, especially with the sore legs. I'm pretty pleased with how little speed I've lost. A few more tempo runs and a little more healing and I should be back to a 7:30 pace. I'm still not sure if I'm doing the Stride for Pride though, especially with another 5K race the week after.

Just a two mile recovery run today. There's no Karate since Dr. Z is out of town, but I might do a review at home, especially with missing class on Monday and there being no extra Tuesday or Thursday class this week.

Tomorrow is an eight mile long slow run. (Shorter than the usual ten to allow my legs to heal.)

No comments: