Monday, September 08, 2008

Light Weekend

Didn't do much physically over the weekend, which was the plan. I'm watching the weather forecast for Saturday like a hawk. Not that I like to obsess over things I can't control or anything.

Yesterday Dr. Z and I watched the boats come in at the end of the 90-miler. I still can't believe we're going to be doing that next year. The couples in our future class (Stock Mixed) posted some sick times, so we probably won't place if the same caliber of people show up. They beat most of the mens' teams! It was a lot of fun though.

Afterwards I went for a six mile run, which I did at an easy 8:46 pace. It went much better than Thursday's run, which I'm happy about. Of course, that could be because I was going a lot slower. (I was doing an 8:15 pace on Thursday.) I was glad to get a second look at the section of the half-marathon course that I'm not familiar with. There's some nasty hills, but at least they're in the beginning.

I found out that BabySis is going to come to watch, which I'm psyched about. I didn't think any of the fam would be able to make it. She won't be there to see me off, but she should arrive in time to meet me at the finish line. I'm hoping JewishMom will make it to. God knows I'll need the cheerleader section.

Only doing two light miles today. Karate is iffy since I barely slept last night. (Hey, if I only have energy for one sport...well, the half-marathon is only five days away.)

No comments: