Thursday, September 11, 2008

Keeping it Light...Still

Nothing but a light 4-mile run at an 8:41 pace today. My hamstrings are still giving me problems so I'm going to do lots of stretching today and tomorrow.

My nerves are really starting to get to me. I think that's the problem with tapering - it gives you too much time and energy to angst over the upcoming race.

Anyway, nothing but two miles easy tomorrow along with a short kata review with Dr. Z. Well, that and the infamous pre-race carb feast. Yay for spaghetti and meatballs!

2 comments:

Christie Sausa said...

Hi-

Thanks for your comment on my blog- it is great to meet someone else who is an athlete blogger!

Hopefully I will see you this winter- I will be there! Speedskating seems to be a great addition to my figure skating, and to other sports requiring agility and strength. Enjoy your running and other outdoor activities while the sun shines!

One last thing- do you mind if I put a link to your blog on my blog? It definitely fits into the sports/skating niche I try to promote. Thanks!

-LP Skater aka Christie

P.S.- Loved your name for Mike, (Olympic Mike) :) He is my speed skating coach- I am sure that he would have appreciated his nickname ;) Peace!

Veronica B. said...

Hey Christie,

Sure, go ahead and link me. :-) I just might go ahead and return the favor once I get a list of links set up.

And glad you liked the nickname. I have fun coming up with psuedonyms that still allow people to recognize themselves.