Monday, February 16, 2009

Catching Up

I hadn't realized it had been a week since my last update - Yikes! Last week was unusually busy, as my disaster area of a house on Sunday morning attested to.

Tuesday was a much-needed day off. No running, Karate or cross-training.

Wednesday I did a three mile tempo run in 25:59. I was not happy with that pace, but what the hell - it's February. In any case, it felt great to run outdoors instead of on a treadmill. Wednesday night was sparring, starting with Sensei and ending with four fights, only one of which was NOT against a black belt or Sensei. Needless to say, I slept like a baby that night.

Thursday I attempted an easy treadmill run, but my freakin' foot cramped up on me something fierce. It ended up being three miles very slow. I then went in the weight room and did abs, chest and tris.

My foot was still really bothering me on Friday, so I didn't even bother trying to run or do anything on my feet. Instead I made it a hardcore weight training day, with abs, shoulders, back, biceps, quads and hamstrings. I begged off of Friday night Karate to let my foot heal, especially with a hike planned for the next day.

Saturday, Dr. Z, JewishMom and two others bagged both Porter and Cascade. That's a total of three High Peaks done and accounted for, all in winter. It was windy as hell at the top but otherwise a beautiful day to be outside. The trails were jam packed with people.

Sunday was a much needed day off, although Dr. Z and I forced ourselves to go for a walk to work out some of the mucho stiffness from our first serious hike in months.

Today I went back to the gym and did my long slow run. It was only five miles, but that's plenty for now. I did it in 44:39, which is about my usual long slow day pace. I ran out of time and energy to do any weight training, and figured I needed to leave something for tonight's kids class and regular Karate class.

So, tonight will probably be relatively low-key since we just sparred on Wednesday, and thank God. *LOL*

Tomorrow is a light three mile run easy and upper body weights.

No comments: