Thursday, February 05, 2009

Getting Ready

As usual, I took yesterday off from running since it was three days before the race.

I did have Karate last night. We actually sparred. At first we were all lined up in two rows facing each other. We did some feinting drills, then sparred for a few minutes, and then one line would rotate and we would spar someone else. The first three were pretty easy - kids who were lower-ranked. However, the last two were Dr. Z and Sensei sixpack, so I was wiped. Sensei noticed I was trying to catch my breath and he said, "We're just getting warmed up. We haven't even started the regular sparring yet!" I thought he was joking, but oh no he wasn't. We got a couple rings going and fought some more. I sparred Mr. G with Sensei AND Dr. Z both burning holes in the back of my head because they were watching so intently. Yeesh. I woke up this morning with my ribs literally sore from breathing hard.

So about twelve hours later, it was time for MORE cardio. Hey, have to get ready for the fun run on Saturday after all. I did three miles in 26:41. (An 8:54 or so pace.) I did some light weight work as well - shoulders and obliques.

Tomorrow will be a two-mile (hopefully outdoor) jog at a 9:30 pace and some light Karate work. Saturday is the Fun Run! YAY!

No comments: