Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Upper Body Today

Today's gym workout was all upper body. I warmed up on the recumbent bike for ten minutes - kept it at level one since my legs are already tired from yesterday's workout. I just wanted to get the blood flowing before I went and did weights.

I did all of my upper body - shoulders (three different exercises - need strong delts for the upcoming canoe season!), chest, back, tri's and bi's. I also did some ab work.

I purposefully skipped any real cardio because Sensei is out of town and with Sensei Sixpack in charge, we will most likely be sparring. I didn't want to make the same mistake I made last week of doing a tempo run and then going to class later in the day and sparring all the freakin' black belts and Sensei himself.

So tonight is probably sparring and tomorrow shall be a tempo run. Hopefully outdoors - it'll be warm enough, but a storm's coming in so we'll see how clear the sides of the roads are.

No comments: