Monday, June 29, 2009

Beating the Heat

The heat was still around for Friday's recovery run, which went a bit better but still less than a 9 minute pace. I only did three miles instead of four as well. The paddling went a LOT better though - Dr. Z and I set a new PR for going around Mirror Lake by quite a lot. Awesome!

Saturday's long paddle went pretty well - we did the first 18 miles of the 90-Miler. The longest part was driving all the way out to Old Forge in separate cars. It's almost as far as Albany! We're still having issues with portaging (shoulder carrys are giving me bursitis on my shoulders and Dr. Z's arthritis and bad rotator cuff can't handle the Paddleboy.), but we're figuring it out. The actual paddling went great.

Sunday's track workout was tough but good. I jogged the 1.75 miles to the track to warm up, and then did four 400 meter repeats with what was SUPPOSED to be 100 meter recoveries, but I didn't catch my breath quite that fast. The good news is that all four repeats were fairly consistent: 1:35, 1:36, 1:37 and 1:42. I then walked 800 meters around the track to recover and jogged the 1.75 miles back home.

Today was four easy miles in 34:47. It was the first run I've had in non-melting weather since Tuesday, which was nice.

Tonight is Karate, and tomorrow will be a 1600 time trial/tempo at the track and a Sundowner time trial in the evening.

No comments: