Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Great Tempo Run

Just had an awesome tempo run this morning. I did my 3.5 mile hilly route in 27:51, meeting my goal of a sub-8 minute pace. What made that truly impressive is that my legs are actually already killing me from a circuit-training class I did last night. (Not something I usually would have done the night before a tempo run but it was through the Learning Circle and I hadn't seen those girls in ages.) I'm feeling strong and ready for the race. At least, I will once I can walk again.

Tonight is a Sundowner. Hope I have the energy to do well after this morning's hard workout. The trail race on Saturday has forced me to do my tempo on the same day - can't wait to get back to doing it on Monday instead.

Tomorrow will be a day gloriously off except for Karate. Gotta rest my legs for Baxter Mountain!

No comments: