Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Back Where I Was

Well, it took a while, but as of today I'm actually slightly AHEAD of where I was before I got sick. Took a little longer than it used to, but such is reaching ones thirties.

I kicked the speed up to 6.7 for the first fifteen minutes, which is what I had been doing the entire half-hour before the bronchitis, and then kicked it up to 6.8. I finished off with two minutes at 7.0 for a total of 3.21 miles in 30 minutes.

After the treadmill, I went downstairs and hit the legs. 2x15 calf lifts at 100 lbs, 2x15 quad extensions at 30 lbs, and 2x15 hamstring curls at 30 lbs. My right shin started talking to me, so I found a resistance band and was able to work my tibialis muscles. That should help. I finished off with 30 crunches on the exercise ball.

I'm looking forward to the bike tomorrow, just to shake it up a bit. I'll also be doing upper body work. Can't wait for Friday when it's supposed to be warm enough to run outside!

No comments: