Monday, January 19, 2009

Run, Run, Run

Friday night was pretty fun at Karate. Dr. Z and I worked Bo a lot after doing a quick kata and sai review. We worked the general "high, medium, low" drill until it felt comfortable again.

As planned, I took Saturday off, which was really needed at that point.

Yesterday the supercold air FINALLY left Lake Placid, so Dr. Z and I went cross-country skiing at the Lake Placid golf course. The weather was perfect - 20 degrees. We went for about an hour before heading out to catch the playoffs. (Speaking of which, the big bad Cardinals defensive lineman with tears running down his cheeks while being interviewed right after their win? Awesome.)

Today was treadmill day at the gym. I started off at a 9:30 pace but upped it to 9:22 after only ten minutes or so. I sprinted the last two minutes at an 8:00 pace. No coughing at all this time. Yay! I'm finally back to the point where I'm being challenged a little, so tomorrow I'm going to go for doing the entire run at9:22 and try 2:30 at an 8:00 pace at the end. I also added a little weight work back in, doing chest presses and tricep extensions.

So, tonight is Karate and I have no idea what we're doing. It's been weeks since we've sparred, so I'll be crossing my fingers for that. And finally being promoted to black belt.

No comments: