Thursday, January 29, 2009

Forgetful Me

I ended up taking yesterday off due to the storm that came through and dumped a foot of snow on us. Should make for GREAT skiing this weekend! Yay!

Went to the gym today - It was tempting to run outdoors, but I'm already planning on running outdoors tomorrow AND Sunday and I need to ease into it after weeks on the treadmill. When I got there I realized I had forgotten my SHOES. When I was mainly there to RUN. Wow. Luckily, I had happened to wear my old, broken-down trainers there, so I just cleaned them up and dried them out real well (You're not supposed to wear street shoes on the machines) so they wouldn't get the treadmill all wet with snow.

Once I was actually ON the treadmill, I did pretty well. I managed a 6.8 pace the entire time and that was with adding a minute to the length. I'm actually going to have to increase that even more because...

FUN RUN IN SARANAC LAKE ON THE SEVENTH!!!! Woohoo! I am SO starved for a race it's not even funny. It's four miles, which is why I have to up my distance. My only regret is having only a week and a half to prepare for it, especially when I'm just barely starting to get back into gear.

Tomorrow is supposed to be near 30 degrees, so I'm looking forward to getting out there and going for a real run. Still haven't decided whether to do three miles or four.

No comments: