Monday, October 15, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday...

...wish it were Sunday. Not. With everything up in the air I'm glad to be kept busy. Had not one but TWO pre-op appointments today. Joy. The first one was with the pre-admission staff. At first I did NOT get the warm fuzzies because after waiting for a while I finally called THEM and the person they first transferred me to took a message. The woman who called me back though was really good.

Then it was time to go to the doctor's office. After a rushed visit with the petite, perfectly groomed, fake RN (who was TOTALLY in a sorority in college and probably a cheerleader in high school), I went for bloodwork. I did find out that I won't be able to do physical activity for two freaking weeks. Great. As if I'm not out of shape enough. I also found out that all my piercings are going to have to come out. Pain.

At Karate, I showed Sensei my kata (since I was literally the ONLY STUDENT who didn't get any training during the class - I trained some orange belts on THEIR kata and then when Sensei grabbed the black belts, who were the only other ones training people, I had to go with the colored belts and WOW is this a run-on sentence of Dickensian proportions) and he was VERY pleased with what he saw. He made noises about scheduling a brown belt test, but we'll see if it actually, you know, HAPPENS.

No comments: